We know that your four-legged friends are a part of the family. That’s why we’ve created a unique offering for our travellers to fly onboard selected LIFT flights‚ with their small dogs. Your dog will now be able to travel in a pet-friendly carry bag placed under the seat in front of you.
For those of you that aren’t pet fanatics or have allergies - not to worry! Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights‚ and a rigorous cleaning schedule is conducted in between flights. View our dog-friendly flight schedule below.
For all our pet-parents with larger dogs or other pets - unfortunately‚ we aren’t able to accommodate them at the moment. But as always‚ watch this space!
We couldn’t be more excited to have little paws flying with LIFT!
This service must be requested at least 72 hours before your intended date of travel.
Fill out our Special Request Form. You DON'T need to book a flight.
Select the "Travel With Your Small Dog" option and complete all required information.
Our LIFT Support Desk will be in contact within 24 hours to confirm availability. The cost of the dog-friendly booking (blocked-off seat) will be equal to the fare paid by the accompanying adult.
Your booking confirmation will be emailed to you once our Customer Support Desk has processed your request.
Arrive at the airport at least 2-hours before departure. Please ensure you have your dog's carrier and all relevant travel documents. More info below.
The following points serve as an overview of what to expect on the day you are traveling.
• Arrive at least 2hrs (120min) before your scheduled departure.
• Head on over to our LIFT check-in counters‚ with your dog in its carrier‚ where a member of our team will assist you with checking in.
• Once check-in formalities have been completed‚ a LIFT representative will escort you to the airport baggage acceptance hall.
2. SECURITY SCREENING
•To comply with airport security procedures‚ all dog carriers and passengers must be security screened.
• You will be required to temporarily place the care of your furry companion with airport security while you clear security formalities and make your way to the boarding gate.
• A LIFT representative will collect your dog from airport security and will be waiting at the aircraft‚ ready to reunite you with your furry friend.
3. ON BOARD
Your dog must be securely placed under the window seat during take-off and landing and may not be removed from the dog carrier bag during the flight. After take-off‚ you are welcome to move the carrier bag forward‚ however‚ neither the dog nor the carrier bag may be placed on the seat.
4. WHEN LEAVING (DISEMBARKING) THE AIRCRAFT
When disembarking‚ the onus is on the traveler to ensure that the dog remains in the carrier bag until they exit the terminal building. An airline or handler representative must accompany the passenger that is handling the dog to the entrance of the arrival baggage reclaim area.
As a dog-friendly airline‚ we understand how important our furry travelers are to our customers. However‚ to keep them and other travellers safe‚ please take note of the following important T&Cs:
• Your dog must be at least 10 weeks old.
• A dog travelling in the cabin must be carried in an approved purpose-built soft-case dog carrier bag at all times.
• The dog carrier bag may not exceed dimensions of L - 55cm x W - 35cm x H - 28cm.
• Puppy training pads/absorbent sheets must be placed in the dog carrier bag.
• Only one dog is allowed in a carrier bag‚ may not exceed 8kg in weight‚ and must be able to stand up‚ lie down‚ and turn around comfortably.
• A dog will not be permitted to occupy a seat‚ and the dog carrier bag must fit completely under the seat in front of the window seat reserved and remain there at all times.
• Dogs must travel on the same flights as the traveller responsible for them.
• Dogs can’t travel with unaccompanied minors.
Please note: The rules for Service Dogs are different than those for Travelling with small Dogs. Service Animals‚ including Emotional Support Dogs and Psychiatric Dogs‚ are allowed to accompany qualifying travellers with disabilities in the cabin. For more information‚ please contact our Customer Support Desk at email@example.com.
Example of the permitted soft-case pet carrier bag.
The onus is on the traveler to consult a registered veterinarian to obtain the latest information before traveling with their dogs on board any flight.
No booking requests for dogs will be accepted unless the dog has been vaccinated according to current veterinary and our own requirements and documentary proof thereof first being presented
The below information is required by LIFT when a traveler requests a small dog on board one of our flights.
• Original vaccination book for your dog with below-recommended vaccinations:
|Age of Animal||Vaccination Requirements|
|10 to 12 Weeks||Combination Vaccine (5-in-1)|
|12 Weeks +||Combination Vaccine (5-in-1) & Rabies|
|7 Years +||Vet book to confirm that pet is fit to travel|
|By law‚ all dogs in South Africa must be vaccinated against Rabies|
• Dogs older than 3 months must be vaccinated against Rabies‚ this should be done annually.
• Your dog must be in good health and fit for travel.
• Pregnant dogs will not be allowed to travel.
• Your dog must be well-fed and hydrated.
• Feed your dog no more than 4 hours before departure to avoid nausea or soiling carrier bag.
The dog owner acknowledges that traveling by air with a dog may be hazardous to its health and may have certain risks. Flights may be delayed or diverted. The dog owner assumes all risk for injury or sickness or death of any dog accepted for transportation.
The dog owner acknowledges that there will be no medical veterinary supplies or oxygen service for your dog on the flight.
Travelling with your dog is entirely at your own risk.
NEITHER Global Aviation Operations (Pty) Ltd trading as Lift NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES‚ OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS‚ NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN DELIVERING the service of transporting your pet‚ ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT‚ INDIRECT‚ PUNITIVE‚ INCIDENTAL‚ SPECIAL‚ CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED therewith.